Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Every day, Jordan makes me feel special and loved. I know that he is a gift from God and I cherish the days that we have together. By the way he lives, he reminds me that we serve a God whose love is unconditional and unfailing.

Today is our 6th Valentine's Day since we've known each other. I will never forget that first Valentine's Day. We were still "just friends," so our attentions to one another were still discreet and coy. I went to the Valentine's Banquet (at Northland) with some girlfriends, and Jordan served as a waiter (each year the Sophomore class plans and serves the Valentine's Banquet, and Jordan was a sophomore that year). He gave me a card with a short note in it. I can't remember the whole thing (though I still have it!), but I will never forget the one line in there that said, "I hope that next Valentine's Day will be more special for us." I blushed when I read it! :) By the next Valentine's Day, we were officially a 'dating couple,' but Jordan was out east somewhere traveling with a team representing Northland. He sent me a gift, and had one of his friends deliver flowers to me. The next Valentine's Day after that, we were engaged, and took advantage of the privileges Northland gave us by going to Green Bay for the day...just the two of us! By the next year, we were married, and I think celebrating Valentine's Day as a married couple is infinitely better than it was before! ;)

I love you, Jordan, my Favorite Valentine!

2 comments:

jules said...

sweet!!!!! love you both, xo

The Tribe said...

I think Jordan got a wonderful wife. You two are His design for each other!