Friday, December 05, 2008

Favorite Things Friday

One of my favorite things since I found out that I’m pregnant has been the weekly emails that I signed up for on babycenter.com. I look so forward to them each week! It is so intriguing to see the ways in which our baby will be developing each new week. This week (according to my email), our baby’s hands and feet will be forming. Our baby’s eyelids are starting to appear over the eyes (which already have some color!) and the tip of the baby’s nose is starting to poke out a little bit. Most of our baby’s major organs have begun to develop to some extent. It’s incredible how quickly they change – our baby doubled in size last week and is now a half-inch long! :) And I’m amazed how all the ‘information’ for what the baby will look like, etc. was all stored in that original single tiny cell!

"For You formed my inward parts;
You knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
~Psalm 139:13-16

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am getting those emails too and have loved reading about it. It is so interesting and I look forward to the emails. I get them on Fridays too!!! Another suggestion is to buy a journal book that also tells you how your baby is changing every day. I love how they compare the baby to a fruit or vegetable too, it just puts it into good prespective. :-)

jules said...

every friday post should be about baby's growth and changes :) it's FUN to hear!!! love you lots!! enjoy your weekend w/ julia! xo