Wednesday, November 06, 2013

I Don't Want to Forget

I don't want to forget...
  • We enjoyed supper at our Pastor's house the other night.  We all had such a great time!  The kids, of course, loved playing with their friends' toys.  The oldest girl got out her box of horses, and Serena was in love with the toy horses and their brushes and saddles!  Seeing her enjoyment, the girl and her mom talked and decided to offer Serena one of the horses.  It's a Barbie-sized horse with a "real" mane and tail and saddle.  When it was offered, Serena initially said "No, thank you," remembering that once we had talked about how we don't take toys home from other people's houses, haha!  ;)  I told her it was okay, though, and her eyes opened wide as the horse was placed in her arms.  She clutched it tightly as we got ready to go, and talked about it non-stop all the way home.  The horse has been christened "Gus" (like Auntie Anna's horse), and is loved dearly and played with daily.  What a sweet moment and a wonderful example of generosity for Serena!
  • When Bret said to me, "I'm going to put you in a pie in the oven and bake you and eat you!"
  • When Bret kept asking for a drink of water in the car (after being told he'd have to wait until we reached our destination), he tried shifting the blame for his whining by saying, "My face is thirsty."
  • When we were riding in the car and Bret said (in a hurt voice), "Serena, did you punch me?" And Serena answered reassuringly, "No, Bret, I slugged you."
  • Every night as I wish the kids goodnight on my way out of their room, they say, "Sweet dreams and sweet dreams to Cody!"
  • These sweet days of their playing so nicely with Cody!  I know that as he begins to assert himself more, there will be the inevitable sibling squabbles; but for now, the older two are so patient and sweet with Cody and try to include him in their play whenever they can!
  • A few days after a trip to Fleet & Farm with Daddy, Serena announced completely out of the blue, "Daddy, I want to shoot with a pink gun when I get old enough to shoot with you.  Can I have a pink gun?"  (There were pink guns in the displays at the store.)
  • At the mall the other night, Bret said, "I wish Cody could get up and run with me." And later, "I wish Cody could get up and play on the stomp thing with me."  Cody is so close to walking, but just not there quite yet!

No comments: